Good Sam Gwinnett employs forty-five people ranging 20-68 years in age. Duration of employment ranges from less than one year to more than thirteen years. The Executive Director holds a PhD and has worked in the healthcare industry since 1982, and for the organization since 2011. The Medical Directors are board certified in internal medicine and family medicine and have a combined experience of nearly eighty years in medicine. On average, staff members have more than ten years of experience in the healthcare or dental field, and collectively, more than 280 years of experience.
We are a Christian ministry and expect our employees to readily share the Gospel with our patients and volunteers. If you are interested in an available position at Good Sam Gwinnett, send your resume with cover letter to the attention of Greg Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not call or appear at the clinic without an appointment.
We are looking to hire an experienced Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our faith-based non-profit healthcare organization. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, be familiar with healthcare and human service industries, and be committed to the Christian mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department’s strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to establish and maintain relationships with various donors.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Grant Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 2+ years grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
“This place is like no other; we truly are a family to one another.”
— Laura M., NP