The Good Samaritan Health Center of Gwinnett utilizes volunteer healthcare providers, including students, to accomplish its mission. On any given day we have medical students, advanced nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and medical assistant students completing a clinical rotation at our Center, as well as physician assistant and medical school candidates serving with us to gain experience. If you are seeking a preceptor relationship, we are eager to have you join us as a volunteer student provider.
During a rotation at Good Samaritan Gwinnett you will be exposed to a very diverse patient population living in or near poverty. This population is generally not healthy due to limited access to health services, limited by lack of insurance, inability to pay, and/or immigration status. Given these limitations, we manage many complex medical conditions with few resources. We promise you a challenging but rewarding learning experience. However, you must be prepared for this challenge to complete a rotation; students not possessing the skill set necessary to work with a population unable to afford exhaustive diagnostic studies or specialty referrals are discouraged from applying.
WE ARE NOT accepting students who are attending online classrooms/ distance learning programs.
If you are interested in completing a rotation with us, send a query and resume to Greg Lang, Executive Director. You must provide the following information in your query:
1. Type of program in which you are enrolled (Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, etc.)
2. The rotation you wish to complete (Women’s Health, Primary Care, etc. We do not offer an obstetrics rotation.)
3. Number of hours required to complete the rotation
4. Beginning and end dates of the semester
5. Day(s) of the week you are NOT able to be scheduled in the clinic
6. Contact information for your sponsoring faculty member
7. You must acknowledge you may be supervised by any combination of MD, PA and NP preceptors. Because we rely largely on volunteers to staff the Center, we cannot guarantee that you will be mentored by the same preceptor throughout your rotation.
If your query does not include all the above requested information you will not receive a reply.
We receive far more requests than we can accommodate, therefore please contact us early to secure a student position. We often schedule clinical rotations six months in advance. All Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner students must have completed a Physical Assessment course to be eligible for a rotation at the Center.