… we so clearly see that our mighty God had the Good Samaritan Health Center of Gwinnett firmly in His hand. We accomplished much, in fact our progress and successes of the year were almost staggering, but we confess nothing was accomplished under our own might. Indeed everything was of God’s own doing, and we praise Him for causing our ministry to flourish and for using us to accomplish His plans. All of us – staff, students and volunteers – are honored to have a role in delivering healthcare to the uninsured and in doing so, bringing the hope of the Gospel to those who hunger for it. To God goes the glory, and unto His will, may we continue here for time to come to be the modern day example of the Good Samaritan, and may you be blessed in abundance so that you may bless with abandon!
Significant Achievements in 2012
- We provided 5860 patient visits to 2687 unique individuals during 2012, marking a significant increase in demand for our services in contrast to 2011, when we provided 3139 patient visits to 1863 unique individuals.
- Overall, we have provided the community with 32,047 medical appointments since our opening in 2005.
- With the help of your contributions to the Mortgage Fund, we were able to significantly pay down and refinance our mortgage, easing pressure on our monthly budget.
- We increased our treatment capacity from four exam rooms to eight.
- We experienced an 87% increase in demand for our services.
- With the help of your contributions to the Samaritan Fund, we were able to provide 237 appointments for free or nearly free.
- We have firmly established our clinic in the academic community as a preferred clinical training site, drawing students from around the southeast.
- We mentored 106 students of the healthcare profession, raising up future medical missionaries to serve the poor and uninsured of our communities.
- We provided free health screenings to 150 people during our annual Health Fair.
- With the help of your contributions, we were able to obtain more than 1800 brand medication prescriptions for our patients.
- We launched a new website as a key component of our outreach strategy.
- We partnered with United Way to provide healthcare services to uninsured prisoners released from the Gwinnett County Detention System, a program known as GRIP.
Major Goals for 2013
- Become a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recognized Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Offer a weekly reduced cost Pediatric Clinic for children who are not eligible for the PeachCare for Kids insurance program.
- In concert with our academic partners, begin to offer evening and weekend clinic hours.
- Provide the community with 7000 reduced cost medical appointments.
- Complete a 3 Year Strategic Plan to help guide the organization into its second decade.
Our 2013 Fundraising Goal: $405,000
We pray for your continued support and encouragement, and hope that your 2013 is as blessed as was our 2012. Thank you all for your contribution to this ministry.
Sincerely, Gregory E. Lang